The median household income in Wilson County is $70,000. However, Mt. Juliet stands at $80,000 and Lebanon stands at $46,000. Thirty-seven percent of children in Lebanon alone are economically-disadvantaged. We want to change that! We want to be right in our neighbor’s backyard, ready to help.
Fundamentals of The Bridge House
- Exist in a low-income area where neighbors can easily access assistance
- Serve without expectation of anything in return
- Assist without enabling a detrimental lifestyle
How do we change the economic disadvantage?
- Meet with neighbors to hear their story and know what their immediate needs are.
- Give our neighbors clothes, shoes, and blankets every 30 days
- Provide + supplement food for families every 30 days
- Offer need-based classes that develop skills such as resume writing, job interviews, parenting + pregnancy care, budgeting, job skills, conflict resolution, and more.
Goals of The Bridge House
- Serve as many neighbors + families in the low-income community as possible
- Assist neighbors with felt needs so that they can get to a more sustainable lifestyle
- Share the good news of Jesus with neighbors
- (Long-term) Help the City of Lebanon get to a place where there are more options for neighbors in need
- Create opportunities for neighbors to learn
- Use the giftings and resources within The Bridge Fellowship and other churches to assist our neighbors
How do we accomplish this?
- Through our local churches & small groups serving and giving
- Through other community organizations
- Partnering with companies to create a full food pantry
- Fundraising & Grants
We will use a program called Charity Trackers to make sure we are assisting neighbors completely and on schedule.
What are our future plans?
The possibilities of serving our neighbors are endless. As we pray and seek counsel, we hope to continue to expand this ministry to meet our neighbors’ needs long-term.
How can I help?
The Bridge House
A Ministry of The Bridge Fellowship
110 W. High Street
Lebanon, TN 37087
Get more information at www.tbfonline.net/ministries/bridge-house
2020 Board of Directors
Rodney Wilson, President
Michael Joyce, Treasurer
Debbie Smith, Secretary
Bridge House Coordinator - Vicky Chilton
Open for Donations
Tuesdays 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesdays 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursdays 9:00am - 5:00pm
We will open to the public as soon as our shelves are stocked.
Items Accepted + Drop Off Information
All donations must be dropped off at The Bridge House during donation hours. Donations should not be left outside. Please knock on the doors at the back of the building (warehouse area) to drop off. Please make good use of the staff and volunteer’s time by not donating anything we cannot accept. We will turn away items that are not accepted.
Children’s Clothes (all sizes)
Women’s Clothes (all sizes)
Men’s Clothes (all sizes)
Gently Used Shoes (all sizes)
Gently Used Toys for children, birth-age 5
(must be working, clean, contain all parts, and small enough to be displayed on a shelf/ bin)
*All Items must be in good shape with no fading, pet hair, tears or stains and be smoke-free.
Non-Perishable List // There is a dire need for food during this time.
Canned Meat (chicken, spam, vienna sausage etc.)
Canned Tuna or Salmon
Hearty Meal/Canned Stews and Chili, Chicken & Dumplings
Canned or Dry Soups
Canned Green Vegetables
Canned Mixed Vegetables
Dry Beans (1lb bag)
Canned Fruit (in it’s own fruit juice or water)
Fruit Cups (in it’s own fruit juice or water)
Applesauce (family size containers and individual cups)
Canned Pasta (Ravioli, Beefaroni, Spaghetti O’s, etc.)
Spaghetti Sauce (plastic jars preferred)
Dry Pasta (1lb bag/box)
Boxed/Side Pastas (Macaroni & Cheese, etc.)
Rice (1lb bag)
Boxed Side Rice (Ricearoni, Red Bean & Rice, etc)
Bottled Juice (no glass)
Juice Boxes (low sugar)
Cold Cereal (box)
Pancake Mix (requiring only water)
Muffin Mix (requiring only water)
Jelly (no glass)
Nuts (individually packaged)
Cheese Crackers (individually packaged)
Peanut Butter Crackers (individually packaged)
Fruit Snacks (individually packaged)
Raisins (individually packaged)
Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
Ensure (kids and adult)
Baby Food & Cereal (glass jars accepted)
Baby Formula (Enfamil/Similac)
Toothbrush (individually packaged)
Diapers (newborn-size 5)
Don’t know where to start?
Provide a box of our most needed items:
Canned vegetables, fruit, and meat, peanut butter, dry beans, rice, hearty meal, pasta, and cereal
Give to The Bridge House
If you would like to make a financial gift, please click here and choose “The Bridge House” fund.
Thank you the people who have contributed to the renovation of The Bridge House:
Kenny Pipe & Supply
Fakes & Hooker
Circle Group LLC
Cliff Carey General Contractors